It took us quite a bit to get here, but we're finally ready to announce Infinispan 9.0.0.Beta1, which comes loaded with a ton of goodies.
- Performance improvements
- JGroups 4
- A new algorithm for non-transactional writes (aka the Triangle) which reduces the number of RPCs required when performing writes
- A new faster internal marshaller which produced smaller payloads.
- A new asynchronous interceptor core
- Off-Heap support
- Avoid the size of the data in the caches affecting your GC times
- CaffeineMap-based bounded data container
- Superior performance
- More reliable eviction
- Ickle, Infinispan's new query language
- A limited yet powerful subset of JPQL
- Supports full-text predicates
- The Server Admin console now supports both Standalone and Domain modes
- Pluggable marshallers for Kryo and ProtoStuff
- The LevelDB cache store has been replaced with the better-maintained and faster RocksDB
- Spring Session support
- Upgraded Spring to 4.3.4.RELEASE
- Graceful clustered shutdown / restart with persistent state
- Support for streaming values over Hot Rod, useful when you are dealing with very large entries
- Cloud and Containers
- Out-of-the box support for Kubernetes discovery
- Cache store improvements
- The JDBC cache store now use transactions and upserts. Also the internal connection pool is now based on HikariCP
Also, our documentation has received a big overhaul and we believe it is vastly superior than before.
There will be one more Beta including further performance improvements as well as additional features, so stay tuned.