- Minimize the interval(s) where the entire cluster can't respond to requests because of a state transfer in progress.
- Minimize the interval(s) where an existing member stops responding to requests because of a state transfer in progress.
- Allow the performance of the cluster to drop during state transfer, but it should not throw any exception
Curious to see the magic behind it? This document is here to explain you NBST's internal.
Besides NBST this release brings some other goodies:
- A new IGNORE_RETURN_VALUES flag to help reduce the number of RPC calls and increasing performance (to be discussed at large by Galder Zamarreño in a following blog post)
- A revamped and much nicer configuration for submodules such as cache loaders. More about it in Tristan Tarrant's blog
- for a complete list of the fixes/enhancements refer to JIRA
Another new thing this release brings is a change in versioning: we've aligned to JBoss' release versioning pattern. So the name is now Alpha3 vs ALPHA3(as per the old naming pattern). More about the reason for doing that in this blog post.
The complete list of issues/improvements addressed in this release is available in JIRA. As always, please give it a try and let us know what you think on the forums, irc or mailing lists!