After over 4 months of development, testing, profiling...etc, I'm extremely pleased to announce that Infinispan 5.1.0.FINAL 'Brahma' is out now! It comes with some very important brand new features such as:
- Optimistic vs pessimistic locking separation, single node locking and lock reordering
- Asymmetric cluster supports
- Fine-grained atomic maps
- Move to Stax XML parser and new programmatic configuration
- Hot Rod protocol 1.1 to provide better support for environments with virtual nodes enabled
- Startup performance
- Push-based state transfer for replicated caches
This has been a huge effort by all the Infinispan community including forum users, which have been giving us tremendous feedback, occasional community contributors and core developers. Thank you very much for all the effort you've put in!!
We've build a migration guide for anyone upgrading for 5.0.0.FINAL to 5.1.0.FINAL, so make sure you read it if you're upgrading.
As usual, download the release, provide feedback, read through the detailed changelog. And check out our documentation for this version too.